Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009

This has been a year of adventures! I did a fair amount of traveling, working and celebrating some big events with my loved ones. I feel grateful, loved and like I had a significant amount of growth – whether I wanted it or not. So, here’s a little list of 2009’s highlights…

Trips:
Japan, Mexico, Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Ireland, Korea, California, Hawaii, Florida, Idaho, Oregon, Nevada, Pennsylvania and New York

Events:
My brother married a fantastic woman (whom I am thrilled to add to my list of people I adore). She and my brother have three kids between them and one more on the way. Yay!

Three of my dear friends (each of whom I have known for over ten years) married great partners and are happily settled in Newlywed-ville.

Some of my friends moved, married, changed jobs, traveled, traveled with me, shared adventures with me and generally added a lifetime of good in 2009.

I got to visit with my loved ones all over the country. Many of whom, I don’t get to see very often, so it was a good year.

I put some new stamps in my passports, logged some serious air miles, ate some really bad food and some really great food, made some new friends in faraway places, bought a few treasures and thoroughly enjoyed the experiences (once my perpetual state of jetlag waned).

Adventures:
Taking a flying lesson, feeding an elephant, riding an elephant, eating foreign food that looked and tasted really interesting, swimming with a dolphin, snorkeling a beautiful reef, a lot of driving (sometimes on the “wrong” side of the road, which is the “right” side of the road in some places), swimming next to sea turtles, running, rebuilding my garden, hanging wallpaper, attending Governor’s Gala, thoroughly enjoying some spa treatments, taking a ski lesson, learning how to be a production assistant, developing a personal care line for a market in Asia (a hundred mini-adventures right there), and cutting my hair off!

I gained and lost:
My iPod, Blackberry, one sock from a pair, luggage in a foreign country, time zones, sleep, weight (time zones and sleep), job assignments, romantic interests, keys, running pace and my mind

So, I think that means 2009 was a memorable year…bring on 2010.

With love,

Anaphilia

No comments: