Sunday, November 30, 2008

Swinging, Hiking, Exploring

I went to Oregon to visit Dad and Diane for Thanksgiving. They have a gorgeous property just outside of Salem. Dad built a super-high, super-fast, super-duper tree swing - just like the one I had in Minnesota. He is (rightfully) very proud of it and all kids and grandkids get to test it out.

My youngest stepsister, Cheryl, was there too, so we took some time to catch up. She has a heart of gold and being around her is fun. We went shopping, exploring (code for getting very lost driving around) and just had a great little vacation.

We returned to a place I fell in love on my last visit - Silver Falls. We went to a new lovely place - Portland's Japanese Gardens. Thanksgiving holiday? Two thumbs up.

1 comment:

Laurel Leaves said...

I *always* get lost when I drive in Portland. It doesn't matter how many times I go there, all roads lead no where. Makes me mental.

Glad you had a great time!

Love you!