Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Where are you planted?

This year (to this point) has been a blur. Work, travel and stuff - that makes time fly by. Last week, I decided to enjoy it all a bit more. I have had breakfast in my backyard (twice), went camping, played at Deer Creek, spent time with really great people and went up the canyon just to read. Ahhh...that's more like it. Don't get me wrong, I like the spa and room service thing too, but a little bit of variety never hurt anyone. Anyway, work, travel and stuff still exists, but the point is to let some other things take space in my everyday.

I cannot tell you exactly why I am suddenly waxing philosophical, but Utah is a really pretty place to live. The moon is so great coming up over the mountains. The starts are so sparkly. The canyon is a magical place. The people are nice. The traffic isn't horrible (comparatively). There is always something to do - from shopping to spelunking (I do more shopping than spelunking really). Pretty much, I feel blessed to live in a pretty and safe place. There's always junk in any place, but the wonderful is there too. Which would you rather see? I think it's a choice, really. My mom always says "Bloom where you're planted." She didn't make it up, but she likes to say it whenever I get antsy for a new adventure. Solid words, mom.

1 comment:

BJ said...

Fantastically put! I couldn't agree more. And yes, I am still jealous of your awesome world travels.