Thursday, April 24, 2008

Bonjour!

I am in Paris! We arrived yesterday morning, dropped off our luggage and started exploring. We went to buy our metro passes, museum passes and tour a little bit. By walking and walking we hoped to keep the exhaustion at bay long enough to get on "Paris time". We saw Eiffel Tower, Champs Elyees, Arc de Triomphe and Notre-Dame. I remember most of that only because in my jet-lagged state, I still remembered to snap some photos.

We're in this little hotel by the Louvre (and by little, I mean tiny rooms) - it's clean and right by the metro stop and a market. At the end of the day, I was ready for sleep, but we were then favored with a street concert and then learned what "city of light" is all about (technically, the nickname is about ideas, culture and architecture, but for this trip it was about bright lights all night long). With earplugs and eye covers sleep came and then a new day.

Today was the Louvre (completely amazing - I might have to move in to see it all) and Sainte-Chapelle and tonight we'll go up the Eiffel Tower and view the lights of the city.

Tomorrow is Versailles!

No comments: